This new custom solution will allow manufacturers to print, program and customise RFID labels and tags from a single MFP device.
Lexmark International Inc. has announced the release of Lexmark Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Laser Printing for Manufacturing, a custom solution that combines the power of Lexmark electronic forms, colour print and specialty media capabilities into an all-in-one label and RFID colour laser multifunction printer (MFP).
The solution helps eliminate the risk of mismatches between RFID tags and labels and consolidates device management into one robust and reliable RFID-capable colour MFP.
“RFID is a proven technology to help manufacturers maximize process efficiencies,” said John Linton, industry director, Manufacturing/Distribution. “Work-in-progress, logistics, yard management and document archiving are all typical areas where the radio nature of RFID helps overcome the line of sight challenges encountered with barcodes and visual labels.”
RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing allows customers to:
• Reduce labour costs: Significantly reduce time employees spend manually tracking work-in-progress.
• Eliminate reworks: Keep contents and packages in sync, eliminating potential rework and incorrect product shipments.
• Improve inventory management: Increase the accuracy of inventory saving time counting inventory.
Lexmark’s RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing also has many benefits that other RFID printing devices do not, including:
• Simultaneous high-resolution printing and programming on large forms: Using a single print task, documents up to legal-size, can be printed at up to 1200 dpi and programmed simultaneously, preventing a mismatch between the human readable label and the RFID tag.
• Colour printing: Text, barcodes and graphics can be printed in full colour to make labels easier to read and instantly distinguishable by a yard or line worker sighting the form from a distance.
• Multifunction capabilities: The RFID feature works with a multifunction device that supports printing, copying, faxing and scanning while also enabling label printing and RFID tag programming on a single device.
• Complex media support: Lexmark products have the ability to print on a wide range of media on sizes from 4” x 6” up to 8.5” x 14” including labels, card stock, plain paper, and outdoor media.
Lexmark manufacturing customers, including 70% of the top 60 manufacturers around the world, rely on the rugged, industrial design of Lexmark devices that are used in a wide range of environments and extreme conditions.
“Lexmark has worked closely with global manufacturing companies for 25 years,” said Allen Waugerman, Lexmark senior vice president and chief technology officer. “RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing is the latest in Lexmark’s broad offering of industry-specific workflow solutions and applications that help streamline manufacturing operations.”
2017 @ indian recharger. By digipr.in